Thursday, February 25, 2010

Farewell Stay Puff Marshmallow Man...

The other day I wrote about my never ending quest to get in shape and how it led me the gates of hell, sneakily disguised as a yoga studio. Well today I found the yellow brick road that is going to lead me on my path to my goal and put this Stay Puff Marshmallow Man body of mine back in the bag where it belongs.

After our brush with death on Tuesday, my workout buddy and I decided to try a different path and ventured into the world of music and dance and took a Jazzercise class. The skies opened up, the harps played; I had found the Holy Grail. As we shimmied, shook and danced our way to a sweat we glanced at each other knowingly; this was it and without a thought our arms rose and slapped a high five. YES, we were on our way.

When the class was over I knew I had unequivocally worked out every part of my body and felt great about it. Tomorrow I have a feeling I am going to be moaning and groaning with every move, but tonite I will savor the moment.

No words needed to be spoken between me and my workout buddy; we looked at each other and just knew. The wallet a came out, the commitment was made and Jazzercise it is.

Extra bonus: My girlfriend who I had lost touch with teaches the class three days a week so not only do I get a good workout I get to see her too…that my friends is MONEY as Guy Fieri would say.

It was a good day. Until next time…..

1 comment:

  1. I had a feeling this was going to be your ticket. I knew "WB" would be all about it. Dancing, music, and sweat......what could be better.

    ReplyDelete