Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Off to a good start...

So far this week I am doing good. I have met my workout goals and have been doing pretty good about eating right. Monday morning I hit the gym with a vengence. A little cardio, alot of weight lifting. Needless to say Tuesday morning I was feeling the results with every movement.

Tuesday was a hectic day. Work was out of control. All day long I tried tirelessly to make up a really good excuse that could talk myself our of Jazzercise that night without feeling like a failure. Luckily I failed and off to Jazzercise I went. So glad I did. Had a great workout and felt great.

I was determined to cook a good healthy meal regardless of the time constraints I was under with Jazzercise ending at 6:45 so I did the prep work before I left and whipped up this yummy healthy meal in 15 minutes when I got home. It's definitely one to share.



Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous

Ingredients
1 (10-ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pan. Add couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

2. Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and scallions; cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until they begin to turn pink.

3. Stir in beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining butter, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2–3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the couscous

Compliments of Health Magazine

Enoy!

2 comments:

  1. And the leftovers are where??? Sounds great I will definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds yummy, will have to try that and as SuSu said, where are the leftovers???? I can't believe you didn't bring some in to work!!!

    ReplyDelete